THE KILLIAN MUSIC SCHOLARS- Fall 2018
The Hartnell College Music Department is pleased to announce the establishment of a new scholarship program. Funded by a bequest from Jack Killian, a cohort of approximately ten Music Majors at Hartnell will receive some or all of the following:
- $1200 scholarship award each semester
- Private lessons from an approved teacher paid by the program
- Program-funded field trips to universities and concerts
Awards determined by financial need.
The total scholarship will have an approximate annual value of over $3,000.
- Students must show evidence of achievement in music as shown by the application and audition.
- Students must be willing to enroll as a full-time music major at Hartnell.
- Continuing Scholars who are making satisfactory progress (which includes maintaining a 3.0 overall GPA) in their music major course work and who present a passing annual audition may continue in the program for four semesters.
- Current Hartnell students may apply.
- File a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form (fafsa.ed.gov) before auditioning.
- Obtain an application and required audition materials from the Hartnell Foundation website (hartnellfoundation.org) or from Hartnell Music Faculty.
- Complete the Killian App 2018 Fall and e-mail it as an attachment to Prof. Steve Ettinger (firstname.lastname@example.org), return it to K123, or mail it to Prof. Ettinger, Hartnell Music, 411 Central, Salinas, CA
- Contact Steve Ettinger – 831 755-6906 or email@example.com to schedule an audition date and time.
- Auditions and interviews will be held Monday, May 14th from 4:00-6:00.
For audition appointments and further information contact
Prof. Steve Ettinger at Hartnell – firstname.lastname@example.org 831 755-6906