The Hartnell College Music Department is pleased to announce a scholarship program. Funded by a bequest from Jack Killian, a cohort of up to ten Music Majors at Hartnell will receive some or all of the following:
1. $2000 scholarship award each semester
2. Private lessons from an approved teacher paid by the program
3. Program-funded field trips to universities and concerts
Awards determined by financial need. The total scholarship will have an approximate annual value of over $3,000.
1. Students must show evidence of achievement in music as shown by the application and audition.
2. Students must be willing to enroll as a full-time music major at Hartnell.
3. Continuing Scholars who are making satisfactory progress (which includes maintaining a 3.0 overall GPA) in their music major course work and who present a passing annual audition may continue in the program for four semesters.
4. Current Hartnell students may apply.
1. File a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid (fafsa.ed.gov) or California Dream Act Application form before auditioning.
2. Obtain an application and required audition materials from the Hartnell Foundation website (hartnellfoundation.org) or from Hartnell Music Faculty.
3. Complete the application and e-mail it as an attachment to Prof. Steve Ettinger (email@example.com)
4. Contact Prof. Steve Ettinger at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an audition time.
5. Auditions and interviews will be held December 7, 2020 via Zoom.
For audition appointments and further information contact Hartnell Prof. Steve Ettinger at email@example.com