The Hartnell College Music Department is pleased to announce a scholarship program. Funded by a bequest from Jack Killian, a cohort of up to ten Music Majors at Hartnell will receive some or all of the following:
1. Students must show evidence of achievement in music as shown by the application and audition.
2. Students must be willing to enroll as a full-time music major at Hartnell.
3. Continuing Scholars who are making satisfactory progress (which includes maintaining a 3.0 overall GPA) in their music major course work and who present a passing annual audition may continue in the program for four semesters.
4. Current Hartnell students may apply. Auditions and interviews will be held May 17, 2021 from 4:00-6:00 via Zoom.
1. File a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid (fafsa.ed.gov) or California Dream
Act Application form before auditioning.
2. Obtain an application and required audition materials from the Hartnell Foundation website
(hartnellfoundation.org) or from Hartnell Music Faculty.
3. Complete the application and e-mail it as an attachment to Prof. Steve Ettinger
4. Contact Prof. Steve Ettinger at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an audition time.
5. Auditions and interviews will be held May 17, 2021 from 4:00-6:00 via Zoom.
Students interested in being in the Killian program for Fall 2021 must commit to the following
August 14, 2021: 9:00am-3:00pm
August 21, 2021: 9:00am-3:00pm
August 28, 2021: 9:00am-3:00pm
For audition appointments and further information contact
Prof. Steve Ettinger at Hartnell email@example.com
For audition appointments and further information contact Hartnell Prof. Steve Ettinger at firstname.lastname@example.org